24 March, 2022
Strengthen Your Promotion With Custom Metal Mugs
When it comes to mugs, nothing is stronger than stainless steel and there are plenty of good reasons to choose a metal mug over other styles of mugs. They have certain qualities and features others don’t have, and they work well in a range of situations where you want to promote your business or cause. Some of the obvious features that jump out are below
- Branding Flexibility
- Safe To Drink From
- Easy To Clean
They can be used in an office to promote reusability, rather than ordering takeaway coffee in a disposable cup. They can be used indoors and outdoors and are very durable. Below is a little more extra information on all the benefits there are in using metal mugs
1. Durability: Stainless Steel mugs are literally indestructible. Drop a ceramic or glass cup from any height onto a hard surface and the next thing you are picking up is a million pieces. Do the same with a stainless steel mug and at worse, you will have a bit of a scratch or minor dent. That makes them ideal for promotional use, as you know the recipient will have it for a long time to come. Aluminium is also quite tough, but it is susceptible to corrosion and leaks, plus aluminium needs plastic or synthetic lining which is susceptible to decay over time.
2. Insulation: Hands down stainless steel is the winner here. Nothing beats double-walled stainless steel for insulation, ensuring your hot drinks will stay hot and your cold drinks will stay cold. Some also come with lids to help even more with the insulation and this also stops spillages in case you get knocked or trip.
3. Style: Stainless steel mugs have a greater perceived value than other materials. They are also very stylish with curved and tapered sides, funky colours and added coolness such as leather wrappings. A good quality metal mug is a thing of beauty that everyone will love.
4. Branding Flexibility: A big part of a promotional mug is what you can brand on it. Metal mugs give you a huge range of options. The simple one is an engraved logo. This is extremely stylish and subtle. If you want your mug to look classy, engraving is absolutely the way to go. On top of that, you can also pad print on one side or if they are straight-sided you can also do a wrap print. Personally, we strongly recommend engraving. As metal mugs are so durable, you want your branding to also last. Engraving is guaranteed to last the life of the mug, rather than a print that may wear off over time.
5. Safe To Drink From: Unlike plastic mugs that may have BPA, or aluminium that has coatings that wear down, stainless steel is free from BPA, zinc, lead, phthalates and other toxic materials that are linked to health issues. Cups made from stainless steel won’t leak and are not reactive to acid. Just ensure you get ones that are made from food-grade stainless steel – they are usually either #340 or 18/8.
6. Easy To Clean: Unlike other materials that can stain or rust or worst still start to corrode, stainless steel will do none of this, making it very easy to clean. They can be washed either by hand or in the dishwasher, though just be careful with the dishwasher if your mug is printed. The print may wear off. If it is engraved, feel free to throw it in the dishwasher, knowing it will be fine.
Stainless Steel mugs are friendly for the environment as you can keep reusing them for years to come, compared to other materials that degrade or break. Browse our selection online or if you want some advice on the best mug for your promotion and what branding to do, we’d love to be able to assist you.
The Mugs Only Team